Sunday, December 13, 2009

Dresser Painting Project Update


The weather here has been extra cold over the last week, so my dresser painting project is on hold for now. I had been painting in the garage with a heater, but the heater can't get the temperature high enough for the paint to work well (55 plus) with our freezing temperatures right now. Overall, I have really enjoyed using the paint sprayer, even though I have had a few frustrating times. Like, when I realized that not enough paint was spraying out because the air hole into the canister was clogged, after nearly an hour of working on it. So far, I have put on three thin coats of primer and two thin coats of paint. The original stain color (shown here <-- )underneath is still showing through a little, even with all of that paint, so I have a few more coats to go, I think. The color comes through the most on the parts where I sanded all the way through the top finish, but didn't sand down to bare wood. It seems as if the stain is able to seep up through the paint in these areas, giving it a pink tinge. Hopefully I'll be able to get that covered up soon. I have also been able to paint our quilt stand (just two coats worked) and the frame of a bulletin board, so far.


The dresser drawers, primed but not painted.













My refreshed bulletin board, ready to go up on the wall above my sewing table.

No comments:

Post a Comment