This is what we accomplished:
- Repaired two pairs of Sweet Pea's wool longies that had small seam holes from lots of wear last winter.
- Finally sewed curtains for Sweet Pea's room:
- You can see in the above photo that the sheets are stripped off of Sweet Pea's bed. That's another thing I did today: changed and washed all our sheets.
- We also raked the leaves in the front (photo of Sweet Pea from last week) and used the leaves to put the raised beds to sleep for the winter.
- We also did the did the dishes,
- and ate half a batch of brownies.
In addition, we took a nice walk to the park with Glen, and played on the swings, but I didn't take any photos. Left on my list to do: repair two pair of my work pants, make the dough for our Thanksgiving rolls, iron the napkins, and help Average make the pies and appetizers tonight. Whew, it sounds like a lot when I list it out but the day has actually been pretty relaxed so far. Sweet Pea is napping on the couch and I'm watching Ellen as I type (a little teary at the couple she just reunited). It's uncertain whether there will be work tomorrow, but even if there is it is only 8 to 12 and then back home to get ready for our overnight company (two sisters-in-law and their families). I LOOOVE Thanksgiving but I'm a little nervous about hosting it at our house, trying to get all the food ready and everyone comfortable and the house fairly clean. And we are running a 5k race in the morning, so it will be a full day! I'm sure everything will work out, right?
Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end.ReplyDelete
Overachiever!!! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Breathe, and try to have a fun relaxing day somewhere in the weekend! (Fellow Eng. Nerd) See you next week! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!ReplyDelete
I'm amazed at all you've gotten done! We've had all of Thanksgiving week off - we painted the dining room, almost finished getting the garden ready (in freezing rain, no less!), and now we are travelling to visit friends in Iowa. Thanksgiving is my favorite!ReplyDelete