1 stick of butter, softened
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup Sucanat (sugar cane natural)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
2 1/2 cups Quaker Oats, uncooked
1/2 cup Craisins
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped coconut
1. Heat oven to 350. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until creamy
2. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
3. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well.
4. Add oats, Craisins, pecans, chocolate chips, and coconut; mix well.
5. Scoop with a cookie dough scoop onto parchment paper on your cookie sheets. The dough doesn't stick together super well so you will have to finger shape and smoosh it together (I use less butter than the original recipe). Have your child shake sprinkles as needed.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
Makes about 4 dozen (a little more).